A great thing about the 3 day military diet is the variety of foods on the menu. This diet has 17 different foods on it, so there is no monotonous eating here. And most of the foods are those you can find on your shelf in the kitchen. The 3 day diet requires you to have specific foods on the 3 day military diet shopping list, so that you can make sure you get all the items in their correct amount.
Check out the 3 Day military diet shopping list pdf. You can open and download this pdf file on your computer and mobile phones.
3 Day Military Diet Shopping List Items
- Meat – The first item on the 3 day military diet shopping list is meat. The military diet allows you to have 3 ounces of your favorite meat. You can get any meat you want. But if you’re a perfectionist, you may want to get very lean meat. It is because this is low in calories.
- Tuna Fish – Tuna is one of the best sources of protein out there, and it is no wonder it is on this list. Rich in omega 3 and many beneficial nutrients. It is a favorite with many people and goes well with bread. The military diet requires you to consume one, and a half cups of tuna drained.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a very healthy vegetable and is part of the 3 day military diet shopping list. This diet requires you to eat 1 cup of broccoli. It is very low in calories and one cup will provide you with just 31 CAL. It is also very high in vitamins such as vitamin C and A.
- Carrot – The fourth item on the 3 day military diet shopping list is carrots. It is the second vegetable on the 3 day military diet shopping list next to broccoli. You would need half a cup of carrots for this diet. Carrots are quite nutritious and are high in carotene. It is also very low in calories. It makes it a suitable food for the diet.
- Cheddar Cheese – 1 slice of cheddar cheese is approximately an ounce of cheddar cheese, and that is the amount needed for this diet. Cheddar is extremely low on carb which is an excellent quality in a diet food. It also contains very high amount of proteins and fats. These nutrients are desirable in this diet.
- Coffee / Tea – When you are on the military diet it is important not to get decaf coffee. Caffeine will help kill your food cravings and keep you in check. You can also try Matcha Green Tea which is superb for weight loss.
- Cottage Cheese – The seventh food on the 3 day military diet shopping list is cottage cheese. Cottage cheese has a very high amount of protein and few calories. The amount of cottage cheese eaten on the military diet has 14 grams of protein just which is roughly half a cup. It is also a delicious item to eat and will keep your taste buds satisfied through the diet.
- Grapefruit – The grapefruit is called a wonder food for a good reason behind it. It is well-known for its fat burning prowess, and this is well-earned. You will have to eat half of a grapefruit over during a meal which contains just 41 calories, which includes a gram of protein. It is also very high in vitamins.
- Green Beans – The measure of green beans to include on your 3 day military diet shopping list is similar to consuming 1 cup. Green beans are low in calories and has some protein also. A single cup of green beans has 34 calories while regular beans contain up to ten times of that amount.
- Eggs – Next on the 3 day military diet shopping list is 3 eggs that is one egg per day. Eggs are known to be one of the many nutritious foods on the planet, which contains almost all the needed nutrients. Although they are quite high in calories, you will be need only one egg per meal. It will be 65 calories per egg.
- Hot Dogs – Next on the list is hot dogs. This diet will require you to eat 2 hot dogs without buns. Hot dogs are low in carbs and high in proteins and fats. It is good to go low on carbs when dieting, so the hot dogs are an excellent choice.
- Peanut Butter – This is the next food item on the 3 day military diet shopping list. Peanut butter contains large amounts of proteins and fats. The military diet requires you to eat not more than 2 tablespoons, which will be 188 calories.
- Saltine Crackers – Our next food on the list is saltine crackers. This food has a high volume of carbs, and you should not be eating much of them. Over the course of 3 days, you will consume just ten saltine crackers. Feel free to replace them with other types of crackers with the similar amount of calories.
- Breads – Bread is one of the most widely eaten foods in the world and it is a staple on the military diet menu. Although bread is high in carbs, you will be eating small amounts of it which should not be a problem. 4 slices of bread or toast are the maximum that’s allowed.
- Bananas – Most of us love bananas and it goes great with various items such as the ice cream which is also part of the 3 day military diet shopping list. Over the course of the diet, you will eat a total of 2 bananas, which will give you about 90 calories per banana.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Now we come to the most debated food on this list and that is ice cream. Although high in calories, it is also high in calcium and protein. You will be eating 1 cup of vanilla ice cream over the 3 day diet.
- Apples – Apple is the last food item of the 3 day military diet shopping list, 2 small apples to be precise. And that’s it!
These are the 17 items which are the must haves in your military diet grocery list. This diet has a lot of diversity which is a great thing and the items are well balanced between healthy and tasty varieties.