The military diet increases in popularity by the hour. This is because the military diet is a strict fad diet that allows you to lose as much as 10 pounds. The diet consists of a strict regimen of calorie intake. Despite the name, the military diet is not related to the military. Military diet workout enables you to lose as much weight as you can.
The military diet makes use of two techniques to ensure you lose as much weight as possible.
Firstly, you have to follow the diet for 3 days hence the name 3-day military diet, on these days, caloric intake is an average of 1200 calories. As you can see, caloric intake is limited. After the 3 days are over, you will need to finish strong. Over the next 4 days, you will have to limit your caloric intake to about 1500 calories a day. This will allow you to lose weight very fast. Although the military diet may seem strict to many, the foods on the diet can be replaced with substitutes. This allows you to tailor the military diet to your needs. However, must you exercise while doing the military diet? It is important that you go about your day as you will normally do when on the military diet. This will likely include exercising. Even if you do not work out, it is a good idea to include military diet workout during the military diet.
Why Military Diet Workout?
It is true that exercising is not a compulsory part of the military diet, but it helps when you do exercise. You will get better results when you exercise, as you will burn more calories. Due to being on a restricted calorie plan during the diet, it is important that the workouts are customized to your need. Before you even do any exercise, it is vital that you warm up, this will help prevent injuries. A cool down session is also necessary.
The Warm Up
Regardless of the workout you do, it is a good idea to warm up before you go into it. Warm ups will prepare your muscles for the workout that is up next. It will also prevent injuries. You will need to do some stretches to loosen up your muscles, while mentally getting you ready for the heavy lifting ahead. A warm-up can include some light jogging, some cycling, and even rowing. You must also follow that up with dynamic stretching. You can also try out the exercises you plan on doing. Breathing exercises are also a great way to warm up. If you want to attain the optimal level of fitness it is crucial that you do some warm up.
The Cool Down
After you have finished your workout, you need to follow that with cool down exercises. This will allow your muscle to transit from active to resting. Not only does this allow you to breathe easily, it also allows your heat to cool down, and in totality reduces the strain on your heart muscles. Cool down exercise can be in the form of yoga and even Tai chi. Stretching exercises allows your muscles to loosen up. A cool shower or even a massage are great cool down sessions.
Places You Can Work Out
Depending on your schedule, you can work out either at a gym or at home. Of course, the gym is the perfect place to exercise. However, not everyone has the time to go to the gym. Besides, during the 3-day diet, you want to exercise at a place where you are most comfortable.
Exercising At Home
Some of us prefer to do a quick workout at home. You can even build a personal gym at home. Nevertheless, if you do not have the resources, many exercises out there allow you to use your body weight to exercise. Even game consoles such as Wii can allow you to do a quick military diet workout session. You can also get a fitness mattresses and do extensive HIIT exercise designed for at-home workouts. There are many videos and apps you can find on YouTube and on the various app stores that can help you work out at home.
You can also follow instructional videos. All you need to do is follow the instructor.
Exercising At A Gym
Working out alone at home can get boring fast. However, if you invest the time in going to the gym, you will be more stimulated to exercise, as there are many people around you. This makes the workout easier, and time will seem to fly faster. You can join workout groups or even get a personal trainer to train you. You have the chance to socialize, meet new people, make friends with people with similar goals, learn tips and tricks and so on. You can also join workout classes such as a spin class, Zumba class or an aerobics class. High-intensity interval training and weight circuits can help you obtain your weight goals.
The most important thing is that you are up and exercising and burning some calories. Exercising is a crucial part of the military diet.
Military Diet And Workout Plan
There are many different types of military diet workouts you can try out on the military diet. Here will discuss the major ones and the major types of workouts.
Cardio is important regardless of the type of workout you do. Many trainers will tell you that cardio is the fastest way to burn calories, and it is true. Out of all the exercises, cardio helps you burn fat very quickly. This is particularly true if you are obese or overweight. You must not go overboard when you are doing cardio. You must try to limit your cardio to 20 to 30 minutes. When you are on the military diet overworking yourself can be risky since you will be feeling the hunger all day long.
Cardio workouts include but not limited to dancing, exercise gaming, aerobics, rowing, spinning, cycling, jogging and running. You must consider cardio that allows for a wide range of motions as your work your body.
Here are some amazing benefits of cardio.
- Cardio exercises reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases,
- Cardio exercises keep you active.
- Cardio exercises can be done with no equipment. Exercises such as skipping, jogging are perfect exercises regardless of where you are.
- Cardio exercises burn energy even after you are done.
- Cardio exercises are a great way to keep stress levels in check.
- Cardio exercises build stronger lungs and hearts.
A circuit training workout session allows you to vary your military diet workout. A circuit includes a series of exercise done one right after the other with short breaks in between them. Circuits training can include 2 minutes of workout and 20 seconds of breaks. Because of the nature of circuit training, you can exercise for 30 minutes without feeling as tired as if you were straight doing cardio. Circuit training usually includes cardio, body weight training and weight training and may include a pair of dumbbells.
Here are some of the benefits of circuit training.
- Circuit training usually involves both weight training and cardiovascular exercises. This gives you a good balance.
- Circuit training helps eliminate the boredom of doing one thing for 30 minutes.
- Circuit training helps to increase metabolisms.
- Circuit training will increase your fitness levels.
- Just like cardio, circuit training builds your lungs and heart.
Body Weight Circuits
Body weight circuits involve using your body weight to exercise. Since you are using your body weight, these exercises usually require no equipment. This means you can do these exercises in the comfort of your home. Some body weight exercises may require you to use some dumbbells. These add a little more weight for the exercises.
Here are some very good body weight exercises that are quite well known. A typical body weight circuit will include a set of exercises as such.
- 20 body weight squats – You start by opening your legs wide as you stand. Then slowly bend forward until your thighs are at 90 degrees to your legs, and the slowly raise up again. That counts as one squat. Do twenty body weight squats.
- 10 push-ups – You will be surprised at how easy it is for many of us to get doing a push-up wrong. It is crucial that you keep your chest and body as rigid as possible when doing a push-up. Do not use your chest or hips to do the push-up. You must complete 10 of these.
- 20 walking lunges – You have to take a step forward with your left leg and bend your right leg until your right leg is on its knees. Slowly progress to get back up. Switch legs and repeat. That’s a single walking lunge. You must do 20 of these.
- 10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug). This will require you to use dumbbells or full milk jugs. You must remember to increase the weight of the dumbbells as you progress. This will make the exercise more challenging for you.
- 15-second plank – Planks are a great exercise. You must begin with a 15-second plank, and then move on to a 30-second plank. As time goes on, you will be able to hold the plank for 90 seconds and longer. You start by taking a push-up position, only that your arms will be bent lying flat on the floor and supporting your body. Your body must be rigid and as parallel, to the floor, as you can. Make sure to contract your abs. Hold this for as long as you can.
- 30 Jumping Jacks
Although weight workouts do not burn as many calories as cardio, but with weight exercises, even after working out, your body will continue to burn calories for hours. In addition, the more muscles you build, the more calories you burn.
When it comes to weight exercises, you must start small then build up. You can decide to work out at the gym or work out at home. One of the good things about weight training at the gym is that in the case of injury, there are people around to help you. If you are exercising all alone, you must ensure you do not overexert yourself. The weight progression must be gradual. An adjustable weight set is a good investment if you wish to take your weight training seriously. When on the military diet, you must not overdo weight circuit exercises.
Here are some great weight circuit exercises.
- 10 repetitions of push-up rows
- 15 repetitions of goblet squats
- 12 repetitions of crunch & press
- 10 repetitions of curl & press
- 12 repetitions of lunge & twist
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
HIIT workouts are growing in popularity. This is because they are fun and exciting. With interval exercises, you perform short intense sets. Each set includes about 40 to 60 seconds of intense exercising and 10 to 20 seconds of rest. This allows you to elevate your heartbeat rate quickly and quicken the pace of muscle development. When you are on the military diet, you must limit the seconds in the intense intervals. The intense intervals must be about 20 seconds followed by about 10 seconds of rest.
Here are some exercise HIIT exercises.
- Walk down push-ups
- Lateral step pulls
- 3 punch + 2 high knee pulls
Here are some benefits of High-intensity interval training.
- Interval training reduces the amount of time you spend exercises
- Interval training are not boring
- Allows you to lose weight quickly as they are intense.
- High-intensity interval training allows you to be fit.
- Like all exercises, high-intensity interval training builds your heart and lungs.